These five steps will get you started serving ads:
- Create a campaign for your advertisements.
- Set up a flight.
- Upload your creative.
- Designate the site where you want to serve your ads.
- Generate ad tags to place on your site.
Setting up a Campaign
- Go to the Campaigns tab on your account page and click the Set Up A New Campaign button.
- Select Add New Advertiser from the Pick an Advertiser drop-down menu in the pop-up box that appears.
- Enter the advertiser you would like to use in the Advertiser Name field. Fill in the Campaign Name field and click the Create My Campaign button.
TIP: When choosing a campaign name it is useful to be descriptive about the purpose or theme of the flights you'll be using. Often the theme or purpose is related to the start and end dates. Examples would be "Spring Deals," "1st Quarter Promo," "March Promo," etc.
To learn how to set up a flight within your campaign, see the next section.
Setting up a Flight
Use the following procedure to set up a flight.
- Click on the Campaigns tab to open the Campaigns page. Click on the title of the campaign you wish to add a flight to. (If you have just created a new campaign, this page should open automatically.)
- Click the Add A New Flight button.
- On the Customize Your Flight page, get started by filling in the Name field and selecting a Priority for your flight.
- Select a start and end date for the flight. "No end date" is automatically selected for you, but if you deselect the option, you can choose an end date.
- In the Rate drop down box, select one of the following:
- Flat - Advertiser pays one flat rate to run an ad for a set period of time.
- CPM - Advertiser pays a dollar amount per 1000 impressions.
- CPC - Advertiser pays a dollar amount per click on their ad.
- CPA (View) - Advertiser pays a dollar amount per action when an ad is seen.
- CPA (Click) - Advertiser pays a dollar amount per action when an ad is clicked.
- CPA (Both) - Advertiser pays a dollar amount per action when an ad is either seen or clicked.
- In the Goal Type drop-down box, select one of the following:
- Impression – The amount of impressions (clicks) the advertiser pays for to serve the one or more creatives assigned to this flight.
- Percentage – Percent of available impressions. Use this to set a percentage of the priority's traffic for Share of Voice campaigns, or set to 100 to serve the flight all the time.
- Clicks – Advertiser pays to serve creatives in this flight until a certain number of clicks have been logged.
- Conversions - Advertiser pays to serve creatives in this flight until users achieve a certain number of conversions.
- If you need to set additional hard limits (such as daily goals) for how often a flight should serve, select from the Caps drop-down and use the Daily and/or Lifetime fields :
- Impressions – Stops the flight from serving more than a number of impressions in a given day, or in the flight's lifetime.
- Clicks – Stops the flight from serving after a number of clicks have been achieved in a given day, or in the flight's lifetime.
- Conversions – Stops the flight from serving after a number of conversions have been achieved in a given day, or in the flight's lifetime.
- Click the Save this Flight button at the bottom of the page.
To learn how to set up a creative for your new flight, see the next section.
Setting up a Creative
Follow these steps to set up a creative.
- On the Customize your Flight page, scroll down to the Creatives section and click the Upload a new creative button.
- If you select Image/Flash or Audio File, choose whether you want to upload a file from your computer, or from a URL.
- If you want to upload a file, click the Choose File or Browse button to upload the file from your computer.
- In the Friendly Name field, enter something you will easily remember for the creative.
- Select a size in the Ad Size drop-down box. (If you choose Audio File, choose the Ad Size you will use for the audio ad's placement.)
- Enter the destination URL for the ad in the Click URL field. The Alt Text field should have screen reader friendly text.
- Click the Save button to finish.
Adding a Site
To add a website to your Adzerk account:
- From your Adzerk account page, click the Inventory tab, then click Add A New Site.
- In the pop-up window that appears, enter the website title and the site’s URL.
- Click Save to finish.
Generating Ad Code
Use the following steps to generate ad code.
- Click on the Inventory tab in the Adzerk web interface, and then click on the site you want to generate ad code for.
- Click Ad Code.
- From the Size drop-down list, select the size of the ad you want to create a placement for. As soon as you select a size, the Tag field is filled with
- Copy the code in the Tag field and paste it where you want the ad to display on your site.
- If you want the placement to be in a zone, choose a zone from the Zone drop-down list.
- If you need to add another placement to the page, use the "+ Add Another" button. This will create a new
Your placement is set up! Now, you or your web developer should insert the code on your site. If your network is serving ads that are eligible for this placement, they will serve on the page.
Note: Before you place the tags on a page, check that each
ados_add_placement(650, 16803, "azk75686", 4);
or the ad code will not serve ads.
That's it! Your ads will now serve.