From Adzerk Knowledge Base
With the Custom Domain extension from Adzerk, you can customize the domain of your ad tags and Adzerk account. This is useful if you want to brand your advertising so ads appear to serve from your own domain.
Installing the Custom Domain Extension
To install the Custom Domain extension, you must first contact your account manager. Pricing will depend on the terms in your contract.
Setting up CNAMEs (Custom URLs) for Your Account
By default your Adzerk account will use the following URLs:
- Ad requests: engine.adzerk.net
- Creative/image hosting: static.adzerk.net
- Account login: http://youraccountname.adzerk.net
With the Custom Domain extension, however, you can use your own URLs for ad serving and accessing your Adzerk user interface.
To set up these custom URLs (or CNAMEs), use the following procedure (or have your domain administrator configure this for you):
- If a CNAME record for a URL prefix already exists, then delete it. For example, if you're creating a CNAME record for engine, delete any existing CNAME records for engine.
- Create your new CNAME record by entering the following Host Name/Alias and Value/Destinations:
Host Name/Alias Value/Destination engine engine.adzerk.net static static.adzerk.net manage youraccountname.adzerk.net
- Important:Keep in mind it can take up to 24 hours for this information to propagate.
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org once you've made these changes because Adzerk will need to enable the new CNAMEs on your account for them to work.
- Once your CNAME is complete, make sure you update your ad code to reflect the new domains. Otherwise, your viewers will still see ads served by
engine.adzerk.netand not your domain.